Then on the third day as dawn broke, Jesus rose from the dead, conquering sin and death he rises from the tomb!
The two Mary’s make their way to the tomb to pay their respects and they take spices to put on Jesus’ body. But when they get there, Matthew 28 says this:
“There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.”
The Romans had posted guards outside Jesus’ tomb because they had heard what His followers had said about him being raised from the dead. They decided to post the guards in case some of Jesus’ disciples stole the body during the night to fulfill the message Jesus had preached. This was more than two sleepy drunk guards watching a tomb – this was a full on battalion of men, camped round it ensuring no one could tamper with the scene. The stone in front of the tomb was a massive ROCK immovable by one or two people alone and sealed by the Roman guard. They had Jesus’ tomb on complete lock down. Or so they thought.
The earthquake followed by the appearance of the angel in brilliant white scattered the men, they were afraid and froze, they could not do anything, just stare in awe as the angel rolled back the stone and perched on top of it.
Them the angel speaks to the women:
5…“Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
Both Mary’s looked in tomb, they saw the linen that Jesus was wrapped in but no Jesus. Then they ran to tell the disciples that what Jesus had foretold had happened! He had indeed risen from the dead.
- Jesus lived a perfect life, he kept all of the Old Testament laws that God gave to his people.
- Jesus was sinless, he chose to go to the cross, to take all of our sins and die for them so that we might have a relationship with God.
- Jesus didn’t stay dead! When he died for our sin, he defeated death and he took those who had died previously up to heaven with him.
- After he rose from the dead he visited his disciples and the returned to heaven, but he didn’t leave us alone.. he left us with the Holy Spirit, a helper and guide, until he comes back to claim us.
- Jesus came to save us and through that we can know more of the character of God, how much we are loved and cherished. The fact he gave his life for his. Something we could never repay, but he gives us life, grace and forgiveness, as a gift.
All we have to do is accept it.
If you want to know more, give the below a watch:
Remember you are much loved, by Jesus! He died so that you might live.
So if you’ve read this and want to know How to become a Christian, it’s simple, just pray and ask God. Accept the free gift of life that Jesus gives you and pray this prayer:
I’m praying this prayer because I know that I have done wrong. Please forgive me of all the things I have done wrong in the past.
Help me to put you as Lord of my life and keep me focused on the plans you have for me. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and now He is Lord over my life.
Thank you for saving me. Thank you that I am now a Christian.
One thought on “Easter Sunday! Dawn Breaks and the world is changed”
Reblogged this on Trust without borders.